From CT DOT.
The closure is necessary to facilitate the first major stage of construction activity (lowering of southbound Routes 5/15 under I-91), and will last approximately two years.
From tonight, Wednesday night, May 29, detour signs will direct I-91 northbound motorists seeking Routes 5/15 southbound at Exit 28 to follow the detour route as follows, and as depicted below:
- Follow I-91 northbound to Exit 29 (to Routes 5/15 and cross over the Charter Oak Bridge)
- Take Exit 90 to Route 2 westbound
- Take first Exit to East River Drive
- Turn right on East River Drive
- Turn right onto ramp for Routes 5/15 southbound
See the complete article online.