A new pre-recorded webinar is available from the FMCSA.
How familiar are you with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Hours of Service (HOS) Rules and Regulations? The FMCSA has updated the HOS section of their website to include a pre-recorded webinar titled “Hours of Service: How Familiar Are You?” The HOS regulations address the number of hours that a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) driver may be on the road and the number of hours a CMV driver may be on duty before a required period of rest. The regulation also addresses the minimum amount of time that must be reserved for rest and the total number of hours a driver may be on duty in a “work-week.”
In this pre-recorded webinar, FMCSA’s subject matter expert Tom Yager, Chief of the Driver and Carrier Operations Division and Peter Chandler, Lead Transportation Specialist in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Passenger Carrier Division, provide an overview of the HOS regulation and hours of service exemptions.
The pre-recorded webinar addresses the following topics:
- Purpose of the Hours of Service Rules and Regulations
- Drivers’ Responsibilities
- Carriers’ Responsibilities
- Property Carrier Hours of Service Driving Time Limits
- Passenger Carrier Hours of Service Driving Time Limits
- Acceptable Recording Methods
- Important Dates and Deadlines for Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs)
- Limited Exceptions to the Hours of Service Rules and Regulations