Payment of the federal heavy vehicle use tax, reported on the Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax (IRS Form 2290), is due Aug. 31. The IRS has asked us to spread the word that it will be giving a webinar on preparing and filing 2290s on Aug. 15 and 16, 2017, at 2 p.m. ET both days.
More details are available in this IRS distribution flier.
The webinar last approximately 30 minutes and will include an overview of the following:
- Federal Highway Use Tax Responsibilities
- Form 2290: Best Practices for Filing and Obtaining IRS-stamped Schedule 1
- Advantages of e-Filing Form 2290
- IRS Resources for Trucking Industry
- Live Q & A
Send and email to SBSE.SL.Web.Conference.Team@irs.gov with the following information:
- Your email address
- Session date selection (Aug. 15 at 2 p.m. ET or Aug. 16 at 2 p.m. ET)