Driver Qualification Seminar
Motor carriers must maintain a qualification file for each employed driver. A driver qualification file checklist may be helpful to ensure that all required documents and inquiries are obtained. A description of the documents required to be in each driver’s qualification file is included in the following subsections and in 49 CFR 391.51, which also details the document retention requirements.
Coverage of these changes will be included in this training session. Keeping your drivers properly qualified (both upon initial hire and ongoing) must be a priority in any motor carrier operation
- When the USDOT investigators arrive at your business, are your driver qualification (DQ) files in order?
- Which drivers need a DQ file?
- What is the difference in the files for a CDL vs a Non-CDL driver?
- To comply with the medical certificate process, what do I need in my DQ file?
- What are some of the pitfalls encountered when that DOT audit occurs?
- How long do I need to keep DQ records?
- After my driver files are set up, what do I need to do annually to maintain them?
These are some of the questions that will be answered during this 2-hour Driver Qualification seminar. Don’t leave your company open to violations that can be easily avoided!
Course fees include materials and a Driver Qualification folder which will be mailed.
*Refunds will be given with 48-hour notice of cancellation before the scheduled class.
- MTAC Members – $80 per person
- Non-Members – $105 per person
Course fees include materials and refreshments.