The 2016 Connecticut Truck Driving Championship was held on Saturday, June 11 at FedEx Freight in Windsor Locks. Here are the results of all the trophy classes, and winners of other special awards. Congratulations to all winners!
- Step Van: 3rd place: Andrew Tenney, FedEx Express; 2nd place: Seth Eaton, FedEx Express; 1st place: Glen Cooke, FedEx Express
- Straight Truck: 3rd place: Joe McClain, FedEx Express; 2nd place: John Mahon, Mondelez International; 1st place: Drew Martin, FedEx Express
- 3-Axle: 3rd place: Tony Orfitelli, XPO Logistics; 2nd place: Ernie Budlowski, XPO Logistics; 1st place: John Brown, Domino’s SCC CT
- 4-Axle: 3rd place: Dominic Cessarini, FedEx Express; 2nd place: Cruz Vasquez, FedEx Freight; 1st place: Dave Misenheimer, Domino’s SCC CT
- 5-Axle van: 3rd place: Ted Wish, Frito Lay; 2nd place: Aaron Sperry, A. Duie Pyle; 1st place: John Greene, FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: 3rd place: Ozzie Bartlett, Bozzuto’s; 2nd place: Larry Hoskins, XPO Logistics; 1st place: Tony Spero ABF Freight Systems
- Sleeper: 3rd place: Karen Roderick, FedEx Ground; 2nd place: Steven Johnson, Domino’s SCC CT; 1st place: Mark McClure, Domino’s SCC CT
- Tank Truck: 3rd place: Joe Moniz, FedEx Freight; 2nd place: Bill Priebe, Coastal Carriers of CT; 1st place: Paul Brandon, FedEx Freight
- Twin Trailers: 3rd place: Bert Howard, FedEx Ground; 2nd place: Steve Lemieux, XPO Logistics; 1st place: Matt Walsh, Frito Lay
- Company Award (highest average score): 3rd place: FedEx Express; 2nd place: Domino’s SCC CT: 1st place: FedEx Freight
- Bob Toce Award (highest score in 4-axle): Dave Miseheimer, Domino’s SCC CT
- Rookie of the Year (highest score among first time competitors): Aaron Sperry, A. Duie Pyle
- Benjamin Mongillo Award (highest written test score, rookies): Aaron Sperry, A. Duie Pyle
- Pre-Trip Award (highest pre-trip score): Tony Spero, ABF Freight
Grand Champion: Tony Spero, ABF Freight – Mr. Spero had the highest combined score among the written exam, pre-trip vehicle inspection, and skills course portions of the competition.